Ah, what a blessing it was to spend the night w/ Kevin and Rachel on Monday. God knew I was still anxious about my weaknesses and spoke through Kevin and Rachel to encourage and calm my heart. I shared w/ Rachel about my fear and anxiety about being airsick during our Bible study time, and out of nowhere during dinner, Kevin talked about suffering. :-) You're so funny, God!
"Every time you suffer, a blessing comes along with it."
Kevin went on and told a story about a warrior who just accepted Christ. He was so excited that he went to a small village to share the gospel with them. For five consecutive days, the villagers beat him. Yet, he still returned the next day. On the fifth day, the villagers accepted Christ. It's God's kindness that leads us toward repentance (Romans 2:4). What a blessing it was to see the village come to Christ!
I don't think the world sees blessing in the same light as Christians do. There will be suffering, but will I suffer or suffer well? Will I be resentful or joyful in times of suffering? Will I forget the purpose God has called me to or remember the hope He has given me? He is faithful, and in time, I will rejoice in His glory. And that shall be enough.
I thank the people who have encouraged me in my weakness. A couple people reminded me that God was the one who created me. Don't feel useless.
If you feel led to pray for me, please pray that I won't be spiritually weak in this area, that I'll still have peace in my heart when I feel physically weak and emotionally drained from being motion sick. Also, I easily get carsick and feel lightheaded lately. I'm usually not this feeble, but whatever it is, please pray that I will be wise to take extra care of my health before I go. Thank you! It might seem like I'm overprotecting myself, but I gotta do what I gotta do. March on, soldiers!
Thursday, June 28, 2007
"Do you want to suffer or suffer well?"
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




No comments:
Post a Comment